Symptoms of Depression:
- Persistent sadness and/or feelings of emptiness
- Excessive anxiety
- Feelings of hopelessness
- Guilt, worthlessness or helplessness
- Irritability and restlessness
- Loss of interest in activities or hobbies once pleasurable
- Fatigue, decreased energy
- Difficulty concentrating an making decisions
- Insomnia, wakefulness, or excessive sleeping
- Overeating or loss of appetite
- Thoughts of suicide
There are many different approaches to treatment that are effective. After talking with a person about their depression, the therapist will decide which approach to take based on suspected underlying factors. We work in conjunction with your psychiatrist or other allopathic healthcare provider.
Often times Mindfulness Based Therapy and Ayurveda principles are useful with helping people understand and identify the life events that contribute to their depression, restructure ways of thinking and negative attitudes that facilitate depression, and understand the behaviors and ideas that contribute to their depression. Often after therapy people are able to regain a sense of control and pleasure in their lives and learn coping techniques.